AIM Financial is one of Jamaica’s leading microfinance institutions with over 15 years of experience. With nine (9) branches islandwide, we attribute our success to the loyalty of our team members in fostering worthwhile relationships with our committed customers. Come join our amazing team of professionals! We are now accepting applications for the below responsibilities.
Accountant Assistant - (Head Office)
- Review loan disbursement requests for accuracy and completion.
- Prepare cheques as directed.
- Complete online loan disbursements.
- Manage office supply inventory.
- Maintain files for cheque payment vouchers, bank statements, etc.
- Enter data on the computerized accounting system as directed.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile General Ledger Accounts as assigned.
- Prepare audit schedules and reports for submission to Supervisor.
- Analyze high volumes of data and trends.
- Assess and address irregularities.
- Provide timely reports as required.
- Posting payments to customers as required.
- Provide timely feedback in accordance with our customer service standards.
- Relieves receptionist as required.
- Performs any other related duties consistent with the general level, nature, functions and objectives of the job.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least four (4) CXC’s/GCE including English Language and Accounts.
- Experience in an accounting and customer service environment preferable.
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Key Personal Attributes
- Good analytical skills.
- Good keyboarding skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to multitask efficiently.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Detail-oriented, Tactful, Honest, Reliable, Confidential, Efficient.
- Required to constantly use the computer.
Please submit applications with detailed resume by: January 29, 2021
Subject – ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Thank you for your application. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.